Due to the nature of the businesses we write, our Underwriters request a safety visit by one of our own Field Safety Professionals (FSPs) before quoting a potential policy. Our FSPs are our boots on the ground, with an average tenure of 10 years with AMERISAFE and backgrounds in the industries within their territory.
1. THE APPLICATION
The pre-quote visit begins when an agent fills out the ACORD application.
THE POINT-OF-CONTACT (POC) SHOULD:
- Be the most knowledgeable person in regards to operations and safety controls
- Examples of this type of person include: owner, safety employee, etc.
- Provide a cell phone and/or email address for ease of scheduling
2. REQUEST FROM UNDERWRITING
The Underwriter receives the ACORD application. The Underwriter will request a Field Safety Professional visits the worksite to ensure that AMERISAFE understands the true exposures of the business.
3. FIELD SAFETY PROFESSIONAL CONTACT
The FSP will reach out directly to the POC to set up a time to conduct a visit.
Agents can ensure FSPs are successful in making contact is by telling the POC that a representative of AMERISAFE will be contacting them for a pre-quote safety visit.
THESE PRE-QUOTE SAFETY VISITS ENSURES THAT THE FSP:
- Gains a better understanding of the business
- Gets to know the POC, since they will potentially be working together regularly in the future
4. THE APPOINTMENT
The FSP will meet with the point-of-contact first.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN TELL YOUR CLIENTS TO EXPECT:
- A preliminary office visit
- Observation of an active worksite15 - 45 minutes observation
- Verbal recommendations